Important Facts About Iowa Assisted Living Homes
In the Hawkeye state of Iowa the agency that oversees assisted living is the Department of Inspections and Appeals, Adult Services Bureau. If you want to reach them directly to discuss anything about Iowa assisted living facilities, then you can contact the agency at (515) 281-6325. The licensure terms that they choose to use in Iowa are a bit different than most states, as they call assisted living homes, "assisted living programs" and "dementia-specific assisted living programs." New rules were recently adopted in early 2010 regarding Iowa assisted living facilities. In terms of living space, the minimum requirements in Iowa are that private single occupancy units are 240 square feet for new construction, or 190 square feet for newly converted facilities. Double occupancy units must be at least 340 square feet for new construction, or 290 square feet for newly converted facilities.
Average Costs of Iowa Assisted Living Facilities
One of the big questions that almost everyone wants to know when searching for an Iowa assisted living facility is what are the monthly average costs for their loved one to live there. Seniors who plan to live at an Iowa assisted living home should expect to pay a monthly cost of $1,217 to $4,806, with the average cost coming in at $2,756. However the cost can vary a bit depending on if you live in Des Moines, or another city in Iowa. Below are the average monthly costs for Iowa assisted living homes in Des Moines and the rest of the state.
- Residents who are looking to live in Iowa assisted living facilities in the Des Moines area will end up paying anywhere from $1,217 to $3,074, with the average being $2,915 per month.
- Residents who want to live in an Iowa assisted living home in the rest of the state will end up paying anywhere from $2,000 to $3,498, with the average being $2,598 per month.
Finding Assisted Living Homes in Iowa
If you are in the process of searching for a great Iowa assisted living facility for your loved one, then the easiest way to get help with your search is to use the form at the top of this page to learn more about the options in your area. All you need to do is provide your desired zip code and the type of senior care of interest for your loved one, then you will be connected to our partner site which has a comprehensive directory of all the state licensed assisted living homes in Iowa, which currently have an opening for your loved one. If you would prefer to just speak with someone directly about your quest to find the right Iowa assisted living facility, call the toll-free number listed at the top of this page to get help with whatever you need. Our expert team of elder care advisors are always available to assist you free of charge, and will be able to help answer your questions about your search for the right Iowa assisted living facility for your loved one.
Assisted Living Facilities Center
Find Assisted Living Facilities Near You
- Assisted Living Facilities Home
- Alabama Assisted Living Facilities
- Alaska Assisted Living Facilities
- Arizona Assisted Living Facilities
- Arkansas Assisted Living Facilities
- California Assisted Living Facilities
- Colorado Assisted Living Facilities
- Connecticut Assisted Living Facilities
- Delaware Assisted Living Facilities
- Florida Assisted Living Facilities
- Georgia Assisted Living Facilities
- Hawaii Assisted Living Facilities
- Idaho Assisted Living Facilities
- Illinois Assisted Living Facilities
- Indiana Assisted Living Facilities
- Iowa Assisted Living Facilities
- Kansas Assisted Living Facilities
- Kentucky Assisted Living Facilities
- Louisiana Assisted Living Facilities
- Texas Assisted Living Facilities
- Assisted Living in Chicago