Important Facts About Louisiana Assisted Living Homes
In the southern state of Louisiana the agency designated to oversee assisted living is the Department of Social Services Office of Community Services, Licensing & Regulatory Services. Anyone wishing to reach this agency direct can do so by calling (225) 342-9734, or visiting www.louisiana.gov. The licensure term that Louisiana chooses to use is adult residential care homes or adult residential care facilities. Regulations have been in place since 1999 regarding Louisiana assisted living homes, and the regulations are periodically updated to reflect the current trends. In terms of the size of resident living units, studios are to be at least 250 square feet excluding bathrooms and closets. Those living units with separate bedrooms shall be at least 190 square feet, excluding bathrooms and closets. The individual bedrooms should be at least 120 square feet in all Louisiana assisted living homes.
Average Costs of Louisiana Assisted Living Facilities
One of the first questions that many people want to know when searching for a Louisiana assisted living facility for their loved one, is what the average monthly cost will be. Seniors can actually stay in Louisiana assisted living homes for a very affordable price, as the range in the state is $1,700 to $4,000, with the average coming in at $2,568. However the cost can vary a bit depending on which part of the state you want to find a Louisiana assisted living facility. Below are the more detailed costs for the major cities in Louisiana, as these are the more popular choices for seniors to reside.
- Residents who want to live in a Louisiana assisted living facility in Baton Rouge will pay anywhere from $2,150 to $3,802, with the average being $2,628.
- Residents who want to live in a Louisiana assisted living home in the Shreveport area can expect to pay anywhere from $1,700 to $4,000, with the average being $2,345.
Finding Assisted Living Homes in Louisiana
If you want to find the right Louisiana assisted living facility for your loved one, then the next step is to use the simple search form at the top of this page. All you need to do is input your zip code and the type of senior care you are searching for, then you will be directed to our partner site to review a variety of state licensed assisted living facilities in Louisiana that currently have openings. Although some people prefer to speak to someone directly for help in their assisted living search, which can be accomplished by calling the toll-free number listed at the top of this page. Our expert elder care advisors are available to assist you, free of charge, and will be able to answer your questions and help guide you through the process of finding a great Louisiana assisted living home.
Assisted Living Facilities Center
Find Assisted Living Facilities Near You
- Assisted Living Facilities Home
- Alabama Assisted Living Facilities
- Alaska Assisted Living Facilities
- Arizona Assisted Living Facilities
- Arkansas Assisted Living Facilities
- California Assisted Living Facilities
- Colorado Assisted Living Facilities
- Connecticut Assisted Living Facilities
- Delaware Assisted Living Facilities
- Florida Assisted Living Facilities
- Georgia Assisted Living Facilities
- Hawaii Assisted Living Facilities
- Idaho Assisted Living Facilities
- Illinois Assisted Living Facilities
- Indiana Assisted Living Facilities
- Iowa Assisted Living Facilities
- Kansas Assisted Living Facilities
- Kentucky Assisted Living Facilities
- Louisiana Assisted Living Facilities
- Texas Assisted Living Facilities
- Assisted Living in Chicago